Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, Eat Pure Love makes a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Have you ever had parsnip? After a Winter walk, you could enjoy a hot delicious parsnip soup! It is hot, steamy and full of vitamins. A great way to get your nutrients!
Just relax, with a cup of hot, steaming homemade soup. I love homemade soup! This has it all: it is healthy, nutritious, easy, versatile and delicious! And soup is an easy food for children to eat. They eat lots of vegetables, which they don’t even notice. And I love that they get all the necessary vitamins, while eating my beloved Parsnip Soup.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for 4-6 persons:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil;
- 3 parsnips. Peeled and cut into cubes;
- 1 sweet potato. Peeled and cut into cubes;
- 1 leek. Cut into pieces;
- 1 onion. Peeled and chopped;
- 1 clove of garlic. Peeled and chopped;
- 1 granny smith apple. Peeled, remove the core and cut the apple into pieces;
- Piece of ginger. Peeled and cut ginrly or you can use a pinch of ginger powder instead;
- 1 stalk of parsley. Chopped finely for garnishing;
- 1 liter of gluten-free vegetable broth;
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a soup pot and fry the chopped onion, leek, garlic and ginger for 3 minutes at low temperature. Add the chopped parsnip, sweet potato and apple and fry for 5 minutes at medium temperature. Scoop the mixture occasionally.
- Add 1 liter of gluten free vegetable broth to the mixture , bring to boil, cover and let the parsnip soup cook for about 30 minutes at low temperature.
- Purée the parsnip soup in a blender, add pepper and salt to taste.
- Poor the parsnip soup in soup bowls and garnish with the chopped parsley.
- This parsnip soup is delicious with a piece of toasted gluten free bread and also tasty with mashed cashew nuts.
Give this soup a try and please do share your soup experiences in a comment.